Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 oz. low-fat mozzarella
- 1 artichoke heart (from a can)
- 1 tsp. sundried tomato, chopped
- 5 large basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 365 F (185 C).
- Cut the chicken breast almost halfway through with a sharp knife.
- Chop up the mozzarella, artichoke, basil, tomato, and garlic. Mix to combine and stuff it into the cut chicken breast.
- Use a few toothpicks to close the chicken breast around the stuffing (you can see how in the video above).
- Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet or aluminum foil, and season it with pepper, curry powder, and paprika.
- Bake for around 20 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken breast).
- Remember to remove the toothpicks before serving, and you’re done!
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.5g | Protein: 46.1g | Fat: 4.1g | Saturated Fat: 1.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 338.9mg | Potassium: 560.8mg | Fiber: 2.4g | Sugar: 1.1g | Vitamin A: 910IU | Vitamin C: 8.7mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 3mg | Net carbs: 6.1g
Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2½ lbs. chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 16 oz. salsa verde
- 2 packages queso fresco, crumbled (or sour cream)
- 2 avocados, diced
- 8 radishes, chopped fine
- 8 springs cilantro (optional)
- Add the vegetable oil.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, and stir for another minute.
- Add the cumin and oregano and stir for another minute.
- Pour ½ of the salsa verde into the pot. Top with the chicken breasts and pour the remaining salsa verde over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to “manual”. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Use a natural release (let the Instant Pot release the pressure by itself). Once complete, remove the chicken from the pot and shred the chicken with a fork.
- Return the chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve in a bowl with the toppings or use for tacos.
- Extra Instant Pot Chicken Chili can be frozen in an airtight container.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.1g | Protein: 30.1g | Fat: 12.3g | Saturated Fat: 2.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 71.9mg | Sodium: 542.9mg | Potassium: 615.6mg | Fiber: 3.8g | Sugar: 3.3g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 18.2mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.6mg | Net carbs: 5.3g
Italian Hot Dish
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta (about 4 ounces)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and crumble beef with 1/2 cup mushrooms, onion and green pepper over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in seasonings and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- 3. Place pasta in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with meat sauce and remaining mushrooms. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes.
1 serving: 394 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Chopped Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1 shallot or green onion minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, and chopped coarsely
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seed kernels
- 1/3 cup shelled, raw pumpkin seeds, optional
- Whisk shallot, vinegar, oil, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Place Brussels sprouts, apples, cranberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds in a bowl; pour vinegar mixture over and toss to combine.
Per Serving: 230 calories; 14.8 g fat; 22.2 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 259 mg sodium
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. flax meal or flax powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Stevia
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180°C) and line a 9-inch square baking tin with baking paper. Grease the sides of the pan with butter and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the water, oil, yogurt, vanilla extract, and flax meal. Leave to stand for 15 minutes to allow the flax meal to start reacting and binding everything together.
- Once the mixture has started to thicken after 15 minutes, add in the coconut flour, cocoa powder, stevia, baking soda, and salt and mix until fully incorporated.
- Then add in the chocolate chips and walnuts and fold them in gently.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tin and spread the dough evenly throughout the pan. Press in some extra chocolate chips into the top of the brownies.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes until almost set, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight to allow them to completely set and firm up. Allowing the brownies to set in the refrigerator makes them delicious and fudgy.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.3g | Protein: 3.6g | Fat: 18.8g | Saturated Fat: 4.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 1.5mg | Sodium: 116.9mg | Potassium: 124.6mg | Fiber: 4.8g | Sugar: 0.7g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1.8mg | Net carbs: 4.5g